Quick Summary of the Blog:
As an entrepreneur, you always want the best for your business, and developing an Android app can be on your priority list. But where to get started, how to build an Android app in 2023 and how much does it cost to build an Android app? Here we have a complete guide to developing an Android app.
Why and how to build an Android app? As mobile phones become increasingly popular, using a mobile app to promote your business can be a smart idea.
To get started with a mobile app, you may have got the million-dollar app idea and have done your research. Is it the right time to build your app?
But where do you start? How much does it cost to create an Android app? How can you keep your costs down? The last thing you want is to spend thousands of dollars building something no one will ever use!
In last, your all efforts will be drained! Developing a mobile app is an exciting task but soon that excitement will turn into a blunder if you have no idea about how to begin your journey.
Whether you’re an app developer with years of experience under your belt or a startup that is planning to become a part of the thriving mobile app development industry, this guide is perfect for anybody looking to start building Android apps.
The Google Play Store boasts well over 3 million apps and continues to grow at an astonishing rate, which means there’s never been a better time to build your own Android app and make it available to the world on Google Play.
But the central question is how to build an Android app. Before you get straight into the process to hire Android app developers in India, you need to understand why to build an Android app for your business.
Here is a complete beginners’ guide that will take you through all of the steps required to design, develop, test and publish your first-ever Android app.
Why Build Android App For Your Business?
With the increasing usage of smartphones, creating a mobile app to promote your business will be a worthy decision. But before you get into the process to know how to build an Android app and how much it cost to develop an Android app, let’s get into the facts that why to develop an Android Application.
You don’t have to trust our words, here are the market statistics for you…
Important Key Statistics of Android Market Share
Android is the world’s most popular operating system for smartphones and tablets. Here are some important key statistics about the market share of Android:
- Android is the most popular operating system in the world, with over 2.5 billion active users spanning over 190 countries.
- As per the survey report, Google Play has grown enormously in the past decade, reaching $38.6 billion in revenue in 2020.
- The report of Statista portrays that over 3.29 million mobile apps were available on the Google play store which hit a record of 4.67 million apps during the previous quarter.
- The maintenance of apps hosted in the Google Play Store helps improve the overall quality of content proposed to users.
- According to Statista, Android dominates in the global market share and is responsible for 70% of all smartphone users.
Image Source: businessofapps
In a nutshell, with these encouraging statistics, it is clear that hiring Indian mobile app developers will be a worthy decision. Since Android users are rapidly increasing, therefore, developing an Android app for your company to succeed will be the right decision.
But before that, you will be curious to know the answer to the below questions:
- Why Developing an Android App Is The Worthy Decision For Startups?
- What would be the major reasons for Investing In Android apps?
- What Would be the best Android app development Ideas?
- How To build an Android app?
- How Much Does It Cost to Build an Android App?
- What factors actually affect the cost of developing an Android app? And more…
Since developing an app will be a costly deal, it’s always worth planning your app well while looking for the answer to the question that how to build an Android app.
What Makes Android The Best Choice for Mobile App Development for Startups?
The Android platform is the best choice for startups because it has a higher market share than iOS, which will make your app more visible to users. Another reason is that Android has more active users than iOS does. The features and availability on the platform are also better for startups since the cost to build an Android app is lower and you can release your apps more quickly.
There are many reasons to develop an Android app for your startup, but we will be focusing on four technical reasons:
- The Android market share is the largest in the mobile app space.
- The Google Play store offers more features and benefits than Apple’s store.
- iOS is less open which can be frustrating when trying to customize certain aspects of your app.
- There is a larger population that owns Android devices than iPhones or iPads globally.
Apart from these reasons, here are some valid points that make Android app development the best choice for startups…
Image Source: Kellton Tech
Top Reasons To Develop Android Applications
Before you learn how to build an Android App, it is worth understanding the reasons for making it a logical choice for businesses.
Android apps are developed quickly, making them appealing to business organizations. They last for a short period of time, allowing the company to stand out from the competition. One of the most important benefits of Android app development is the quick release into the market.
Developing Android apps is one of the best ways to get a high ROI since the Android SDK allows developers to create interactive, dynamic, and reliable apps. There are many software developers to hire in India that can help you create an app that too without causing any burden on your budget. In order to do this, developers must pay a registration fee. Since this is a one-time payment, you will not have to invest again. As a result, your investment costs will be significantly reduced.
Using Open-Source Software:
In the Android community, you can take advantage of open-source technology that facilitates the development of applications with a variety of requirements. Additionally, developers can interact with the active community and get to know more about new expansions coming soon. That’s why Android app development has become increasingly popular.
Multiple Channels for Marketing:
It is even more appealing to customers when a third-party application marketplace is used for Android app marketing. A wide range of users can be reached with the help of the right promotional strategies as well.
Integration is easy:
When it comes to a question that how to build an Android app, you will always want to create an app that is easy to personalize. What if you need complex Android app customizations? Would you like to customize an existing app? If the market demands and business needs change, Android apps are the easiest solution for businesses. They can easily be updated according to changing market demands. In addition, background processes can make it easier to integrate apps.
Thanks to the development of the Android Studio, the system has gained an increase in its user-friendliness. More specifically, it’s available to more users due to its accessibility, to a wide range of digital devices, such as smartphones, televisions, and wearables.
Built-in Security Features:
With the Android platform, developers are granted access to a number of security features. This has led to the creation of apps that offer adequate protection from viruses and malware. If reliability matters to you, these Android apps will not disappoint.
Therefore, it makes sense to create an app for this audience first before branching out to other markets such as iOS or Windows Phone users. By hiring Android app developers in India you can easily build applications for Android. It ultimately means developing a wider range of device types from different manufacturers with different screen sizes and operating systems.
Read More to understand the benefits of developing an Android app for your business in detail.
After knowing such facts, many of you are curious to know how to build an Android app in 2023. But before that let’s understand, what type of Android applications you can build in 2023.
What Are The Top Android App Development Ideas?
Today, there is an app for everything and making the mobile app development industry highly competitive. So the question is, what are the best Android apps that you can build in 2023?
According to reports, the below graphic represents the leading Android app in 2019:
Image Source: Statista
Before you get started with a guide about how to build an Android app, you must be concerned to know what type of Android applications you should build to succeed in the market competition.
Best 30+ Android App Development Ideas That Can Help You Set a Benchmark in 2023
There are many types of Android applications that a startup can consider.
- Chat App like Facebook, Whatsapp
- Social Media Apps like Instagram, Twitter, Gmail
- Navigation Apps like Google Maps
- On-demand appointment booking apps for the beauty industry, hospitals, clinics
- Online cab booking apps like Uber, Ola
- Blockchain based-payment transfer app
- An app to provide expert business investment plans
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Finder Application
- Money lending platform
- An astrology app that uses Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Blockchain Medical Service
- Virtual Reality-Based Virtual Travel App
- Virtual Reality-Based Interior Designing App
- Toy Exchange for All Ages
- An App to offer legal updates
- A Blockchain-Powered Tax Calculator
- Easy and mobile fitness on demand
- Cloud Meeting App
- Nutritious donation app.
- Transportation Service for e-scooters
- Smartphone-controlled Online Milk Delivery Application
- Free apps for price comparisons
- Jewellery Shopping App using Augmented Reality
- Keep Track of Symptoms Tracking Apps
- Apps that Promote Relaxation
- An App to Find Parking Space
- This mobile app guides women through every stage of their pregnancy.
- iOS App: With Home Security
- Online Market for Commodities.
- Application with personalized on-demand pet care services
- Manually based stock trading application
- Virtual Reality-Based Wedding Planner App
In a nutshell, the list of Android app development ideas is not ending here. There are thousands of app ideas awaiting launch yet. All you need to do is to hire software developers in India that can understand your business needs and able to launch a quality app. Once you pick the idea, the next step is to jump on how to build an Android app.
Read More to know how much does it cost to hire Android App Developer?
How To Build An Android App in 2023 (Expert Solutions)
When it comes to developing a first-ever Android application for your business, you need to understand the basic highlights of the development process. So how to build an Android app? Where should you start?
To get started with the Android development process you need to decide how will you create an app.
There are two ways to kickstart the project. Since in this section we are going to target both entrepreneurs and developers, therefore will provide multiple options for app development.
1. How To Get Started With Android App Development Process?
Here are a few simple options that help you get started with the Android app development process:
- Learn Android App Development Course: If you are a beginner, looking for ways to write codes for your Android app, then the simple way is to enroll yourself in an Android app development course. If you have no coding background and need an app in the near future, you might not want to study the new, popular framework Flutter and learn how to design entirely by yourself. In addition, even if you succeed in completing the project, it will be inferior to that of a professional.
- Youtube Channels: With the advent of technology, everything is easy to access now. So learning the development tricks from youtube channels can be a great way. However, keep in mind that no one will tell you the secret mantra of success.
- Hire App Developers in India: Whether you are a startup or an entrepreneur, hiring a professional app developer is always a great choice for your project. Learning how to build an Android app is not so simple task as it requires a coding experience. Expert Android app development agencies provide development, design, and quality assurance services. There is probably no better way to stand out in a highly competitive market than a customized Android app with an attractive design, advanced functionality, and brilliant UI.
- Look For Professionals: Freelancers and teams of specialists can do all your work for you. This way is faster and cheaper but has risks like timeline slippages and unpredictable program quality.
Whichever option you may choose for app development, keep in mind that your app will go through different phases before its final launch.
2. How To Build An Android App?
So where should you start the development process? To start coding, Android SDK is the main tool that provides you with all the widgets and flexibility of coding.
So here is a quick guide to follow:
Android Studio is a free program available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It is the official development environment (IDE) for Android. When developing Android programs, other environments besides Android Studio are also available.
Step 1: You will be prompted to install the Android SDK if you don’t have it installed on your computer. Android SDK is an environment for developing Android applications, so it must be installed with the IDE. Among the SDK’s components are libraries, executables, scripts, and documentation.
Step 2: To run APK applications later on your computer, you should also install an Android emulator. The emulator comes with Android Studio by default.
Step 3: It is possible to create your first project once all the tools are installed. However, you need to be familiar with the basic concepts of what constitutes an Android application before you can get started.
Kotlin, a language that could replace Java as the standard programming language for Android applications, is being actively promoted by Google.
Step 4: APK files (Android packages) contain all the files you need to install the application on your Android device and are created by the Android SDK tools.
So basically these points will help you get ready for the app development environment.
3. How To Build an Android App: A Step-by-Step Guide For Startups
There are various tools and technologies available to build an Android application. But here we are sharing the most basic steps of developing an Android app.
Step 1: Research and decide what type of app you want to create.
Step 2: Determine your total budget for the project, as well as how much time you want to dedicate to it on a weekly basis.
Step 3: Make a list of all the features you want your app to have, and determine if each one is feasible to add.
Step 4: After deciding what features are feasible, ask yourself if you need an experienced developer or if it’s something that can be done with a beginner-level programmer.
Image Source: Spaceotechnologies
Step 5: Start generating ideas for your app’s name and logo.
Step 6: Select which mobile platform(s) you will release the app on.
Step 7: Decide whether you’re going to make use of in-app purchases.
Step 8: Determine if you’ll make use of push notifications.
Step 9: Set up the development environment.
Step 10: Decide which programming language best suits your needs.
Step 11: Build out wireframes, develop prototypes or choose to hire someone to design graphics.
Step 12: Hire someone to develop the application.
Step 13: Create your marketing strategy.
Step 14: Submit your application on the Google Play store.
So these are the most basic and simple steps to understand how to build an Android app for your business. But once you decide how to build an Android app and what type of app you need to build, then your second concern will be deciding the budget…
How Much Does It Cost to Create an Android App?
The average cost to build an Android app can range between $15,000 to $25,000. But it doesn’t that you can’t build an app lesser than $15,000 and higher than $25,000. These estimations are quoted as per the market survey report. But if you are in a rush to know how much exactly it will cost to build an Android app, then jump directly into the details.
Cost to Develop Android App As Per Complexity
Image Source: AppsDevPro
Average Android App Development Cost As Per Development Phases
Image Source: AppsDevPro
The Estimated Android App Development Cost As Per App Type
Image Source: AppsDevPro
So when you are looking for “how to build an Android app”, these cost estimations would be a great part of this question. But here we have added a rough estimation to create an Android app as the final app development cost will be greatly depending upon your business requirements.
How To Cut Down On Cost to Build An Android App?
Developing an Android app can be really challenging and budget-draining if you are not planning your app development process well. Talking from experience, many clients do come to us with a project that has been left in between – either they don’t have the right team, or chose an Idea that won’t fit the market needs anymore, or running out of budget.
So instead of giving yourself trauma, here are a few tips on cutting down on the cost to build an Android app.
- Define a clear and concise scope for your app to avoid unnecessary features.
- Opt for a simple and minimalist design rather than complex and custom graphics.
- Consider using ready-made templates or UI frameworks to save design and development time.
- Prioritize essential features and functionalities, and add advanced features in future updates.
- Collaborate with a skilled and experienced development team to avoid costly rework.
- Use open-source libraries and frameworks to leverage existing solutions and reduce development time.
- Optimize app performance and code efficiency to minimize server costs and resource consumption.
- Conduct thorough testing and quality assurance to prevent post-release bug fixes and maintenance.
- Consider a phased approach, launching a minimum viable product (MVP) and gradually adding features based on user feedback.
- Regularly communicate and prioritize with the development team to ensure cost-effective decision-making.
No matter how complex or basic an app you decided to build for your business. The ultimate success will be dependent upon the skills and abilities of the Android app developer will put into the project.
What To Pay Attention To While Looking For the Best Android App Development Company?
When you landed in the market to hire a full-stack developer in India to kick-start your Android app development project, you will be easily confused upon choosing the best talent. So here we have gathered some useful tips to hire best coder:
- Expertise in Android app development.
- Portfolio and client testimonials.
- Communication and collaboration capabilities.
- Understanding of your app requirements and target audience.
- Ability to deliver within specified timelines.
- Quality assurance and testing processes.
- Transparent pricing and cost estimates.
- Post-development support and maintenance services.
- Knowledge of the latest trends and technologies.
- Flexibility and scalability for future updates and enhancements.
Hopefully, this blog has provided you all the detailed related to developing an Android app, still if you have any questions, then you can book a free consultation slot with our experts.
Conclusion: What To Do Next?
As you can see, the market for Android apps is huge and it’s only getting bigger. Google Play has a variety of tools to help you develop your idea and get it on the market. Whether you’re a startup or a leading firm, by hiring a mobile app developer in India, you will have all the resources and tools that will let you turn your dream into an app success story. The professional developers will help you integrate the best choice of features and functionalities in the app that ensures your success.
So if you still have doubts about why and how to build an Android app for your business then AppsDevPro can be your trusted app development partner. You can discuss your project details without experts or drop your query to us for more details.
What Are Tips For Success When Building Your First Android App?
Android is the most used mobile operating system in the world, with a market share of 78%. This means that if you want to reach a large audience, there’s no better option than Android.
The trick is getting your app approved and into Google Play Store because the store has over one million apps available. When building an Android app, it’s important to remember these two things:
– Test your app before submitting it to Google Play Store because they will not approve it if there are any bugs or glitches.
– Keep your app updated with new features and bug fixes after release.
Hopefully, with these tricks and tips in mind, you can launch an app that can ensure your success.
What Do You Need To Build An Android App?
The first step is to download the SDK Tools package. You’ll also need to download and install Java Platform, JDK, Apache Ant, and Eclipse. Once you have downloaded the SDK Tools package, extract it on your computer.
All these steps are outlined in the README file that was included in the installation file. This will allow you to create an emulator for testing your app and install any necessary software packages.
How Much Does It Cost To Build an Android Application?
Building an app for the Android platform is an excellent way to reach a global audience. Start by identifying what type of app you want to make and then decide which features are most important to you. You can then decide whether you want to create the app yourself or hire a development company.
You’ll also need to identify how much money you’re willing to invest in your app’s development, as this will affect how quickly it’s built, what features are included, and your return on investment.
Costs vary depending on factors like the scope of the project, geographic location, team size, experience level, and the number of hours worked per week by developers.
What Are the Best Android Application Distribution Platforms To Launch Your App?
After you have built your app, the next step is to think about how you are going to distribute it. There are a number of different options for distribution platforms, some free and others that require payment. It’s important to choose the platform that will best suit your needs and provide the most exposure for your app.
For example, Apple only allows apps in their App Store that meet certain specifications and Google Play has a higher market share than iTunes (93% vs 7%).
You can also check our other services: