Quick Summary Blog:
Fitness apps are the rage in 2023 and after 2020, the health and fitness industry is booming at a fast pace. Being in the healthcare industry, if you are also looking to the question that how to create a fitness app and how much it cost to create a fitness app, then you have landed at the right place. This blog will guide you through everything from cost, features, and tech stack to monetization methods.
How much does it cost to create a fitness app? This is one of the most pressing questions if your business is into providing any healthcare-related services or products.
With over 6.5 billion smartphone users, developing a mobile app is a great way to get connected with customers and allow customers to access your fitness trainer app that offers mobile tools to improve their diet plan, get quick health counseling and assistance, monitor chronic health conditions, and provide educational content.
If you are also interested in developing a full-fledged fitness app that can provide fitness counseling to guide healthy diet and exercises, then AppsDevPro will walk you through every step of developing a fitness app. By the end of this blog, you will learn how to create a fitness app, choose the right monetization model for your fitness app, and app features to design and development.
Let’s get started with our guide to learning how to create a fitness app based on our own experience in fitness app development.
Let’s get started with the very basic and the most important question how much does it cost to create a fitness app and how to create a fitness app…
How Much Does It Cost to Build a Fitness App?
As per the market survey, the average cost to create a fitness app is ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 for a single platform. But it won’t be said that you can’t develop an app lower than $10,000 and higher than $25,000.
But, the truth is, no professional developer can answer this question without knowing the details of your project.
So what exactly contributes to the app development cost? Let’s check out the video to understand what factors affect the app development cost…
So how would you decide the average cost to create a fitness app? Developing a fitness app is a complex task as there are a number of factors affecting the app development cost which may include:
- Understanding how to create a fitness app;
- What features and functionalities do you need to include in your app;
- Whether you need to hire a dedicated development team or need to hire a developer on an hourly basis.
- What tech stacks do you need to create a fitness app?
- How will you monetize your fitness app?
If we conclude these parameters, then you will come to the conclusion that there is no standard cost of developing a fitness app. Different businesses have different app development requirements, so here we have provided an estimation depending on the app complexity.
Image Source: AppsDevPro
In this blog post, we’ll explore the various aspects of developing a fitness app. These include understanding the different types of apps available in this niche and knowing what other companies are doing with their apps. –
We’ll also look at some popular technologies that can be used for building an app like this. Let’s dive right into it!
Developing a Fitness App: Understanding the Key Statistics and Market Share of Fitness Industry
The fitness industry has been growing exponentially every year, and statistics show that it is still doing so. It continues to grow, because of technology and the fact that people want to be healthy.
More and more people are joining gyms, taking up yoga, or eating healthier on a daily. So how do you get involved?
If you want to develop an app to work with the fitness industry, here are some numbers you should know before developing your app.
Many entrepreneurs have decided to develop their own fitness apps to cater to this industry. But just how much does it cost to create an app? And do you need to hire a mobile app developer to create one?
Your excitement about creating an app can quickly turn into a blunder if you directly get into the development process. To be successful, it is important to have the right strategy on hand.
There are many different things you need to consider before you start coding and designing your app. It may include basic market research, demographics, and competition analysis. In addition, determine the resources to create an app and then the cost to build a fitness app.
These statistics will give you an understanding of what your potential customers are looking for in an app and what devices they use when exercising at home or at the gym.
Market Share and Statistics of Fitness App Industry
- According to Statista, the fitness app market is expected to grow from $2.1 billion in 2017 to $4.6 billion by 2022. This means that there is still a lot of room for new players in the market.
- There are a lot of reasons to develop a fitness app in 2022. Firstly, the fitness industry is growing rapidly with an estimated value of $30.3 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach $32.8 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 2.5%.
- Secondly, there are already many successful fitness apps on the market such as Nike+ Run Club and Fitbit that have proven there is a demand for this type of product.
- According to survey report, the fitness and health club market size is projected to reach by 136.59 billion by 2028.
- The industry will grow at a CAGR of 7.61% from 2021 to 2028.
Image Source: VMR
Hopefully, with the representation of these statistics, you will see why fitness apps are becoming a big thigh. If these statistics are inspiring you, then it makes sense to hire an app developer to transform your idea into a product.
However, if you are still wondering why creating a fitness app is a worthwhile, then have a look at the benefits of developing a fitness app.
Benefits of Creating a Health and Fitness App
There are many benefits of creating a fitness app. A fitness app can help people become more active, which can lead to better overall health.
Additionally, a fitness app can help people save time and money by providing workout routines and tracking progress. All you need is to hire a dedicated development team. They can help you create a interface that attract users and motivate them to reach their fitness goals.
Image Source: VMR
Knowing these benefits, surely many of you are excited to know about the cost to create a fitness app. Don’t worry, here we will guide you step-by-step to help you make the right decision.
How Much Does It Cost to Build a Fitness App: A Detailed Cost Breakdown
How much does it cost to build a fitness app in 2022?
The simple answer to this question is, that no app comes at the standard price. Different apps are developed with different requirements. The average cost to create fitness apps can start from $10,000 and can go beyond $25,000+. It all depends on the factors and your business requirements.
Learn how much it’ll cost to build a fitness app and the factors you need to keep in mind when planning your budget.
- Determine the App Scope: The cost to develop a fitness app all starts with an app idea. You need to determine the scope of your project and what features you want to include. It also includes the type of target audience and their needs. Once you have a good understanding of your project, you can start looking for developers.
- Operating System: Depending on your target audience, you can decide where to launch your app. If you are looking for a native app, then hire an Android app developer in India.
- The App Development Team: When it comes to choosing a development team, you have a few options. You can either go with a freelancer, an agency, or an in-house team. Each option has its own set of pros and cons that you need to consider.
- UI/UX Design: The complex app design includes long development cycles that quickly add up to the cost to create fitness app. Always remember, a simple and intuitive app design is always appreciated by users. They are super quick to build and simple to access.
Concluding Cost to Create a Fitness App
These are the few major factors affecting the app development process and its cost. If it comes to deciding in terms of cost, then the average cost to develop a fitness app is ranging between $10,000 and $15,000.
However, the final cost will depend on the size and complexity of your project. An easy fitness app might only cost around $7,500. A more complex one could end up costing as much as $50,000+.
Keep in mind that there are also hidden costs associated with developing a fitness app such as server hosting fees and updating your software. Those costs vary depending on how popular your application becomes.
If your app does really well, you may have to spend tens of thousands of dollars every month just to keep it running smoothly. That’s why it’s so important to take advantage of cloud computing if you’re building a large-scale fitness app.
But what if you are looking for ways to save on costs to build a fitness app?
How to Save on Cost to Create a Fitness App: Tips and Tricks To Save On Budget
If you are a startup, your common concern is to save on the app development cost. So here we are sharing some tips and tricks to save some costs on fitness app development.
Create MVP Version of Fitness App
While calculating the cost to create a fitness app, it is worth starting with the MVP version. It helps you get the basic app version with which you can get users’ feedback. With a small investment in MVP app development, you can kickstart your app.
The average cost to create a fitness app’s MVP version is between $8000 to $10000.
Location of App Development Team
The cost to create a fitness app is greatly affected by the location of app developers. The hourly cost of app developers are vary as per the location. And its globally proven that you can hire mobile app developers in India at the most competitive prices.
Apart, these factors, the cost to create a fitness app is majorly dependent on the type of app you are planning to create.
Cost to Create a Fitness App and Its Types
The cost of create a fitness app depends on the type of app you want to create. For a simple tracking app, you can expect to pay around $7,500.
If you want to add features like GPS tracking or social media integration, the cost will increase. For a more complex app with custom features, you can expect to pay $25,000 or more. There are many factors that affect the price for your fitness app including:
- How much coding is required
- Number of screens and animations are required in app
- Whether or not your app requires an API from another company (e.g., Nike)
- The amount of content required for your app -a dedicated design team versus hiring freelance designers
- The language that the app is being built in (iOS or Android)
- Having a backend database created in order to store data
Image Source: Flickr
Depending upon your fitness app type, you need to decide what functionalities and features you need to offer. If you are choosing to hire React Native app developer in India, then you don’t need to consider integrating platform-specific features in the app.
Before you get into the details of features and functionalities, let’s understand how to create a fitness app.. What are the simple steps to create a fitness app?.. Let’s unlock the details and step-by-step guide…
How To Create a Fitness App?
To create a fitness app that can easily trend on mobile devices, you need to plan your fitness app strategically. Having a great fitness app idea is not enough to achieve success, instead, you need to have a strong app development strategy to create a fitness app.
Let’s get into the step-by-step guide to creating a fitness app:
Creating a fitness app involves several important steps to ensure a successful and effective product. Below is a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
Step 1: Market Research and Idea Validation:
Instead of directly getting into the process to understand how to create a fitness app, the first step is to conduct market research. Building an app is a costly deal, so it makes sense to validate an app idea.
- Conduct thorough market research to understand the current trends and demands in the fitness app industry.
- Identify potential competitors and analyze their strengths and weaknesses.
- Validate your app idea by seeking feedback from potential users or conducting surveys to understand their needs and pain points.
To conduct a market analysis, you can hire a full-stack app developer in India that can handle the market research and help you get a strategic development plan.
Step 2: Define the App’s Features and Objectives:
Based on your app idea, make sure you choose the right features and functionalities that can easily meet the market needs of the users. Since features and functionalities are the biggest part of this question that “how to create a fitness app”. However, keep in mind that the more complex your app features are, the higher the app development cost will be. So it is worth developing an app with the basic features.
Step 3: Design UI/UX:
When it comes to app design, simple and user-friendly design is always appreciated by the users. So create wireframes and mockups to visualize the app’s layout and flow. You can hire software app developer in India to design an intuitive and user-friendly interface that aligns with your target audience’s preferences. Ensure a seamless user experience throughout the app, making it easy for users to navigate and achieve their fitness goals.
Step 4: Choose the Platform and Technology Stack:
Decide whether you want to build a native app for specific platforms like iOS and Android or opt for cross-platform development frameworks. Select the appropriate technology stack, including programming languages, frameworks, and databases, based on the app’s requirements and your development team’s expertise.
Step 5: App Development:
To create a fitness app that can set a benchmark in the fitness industry, you need to hire a dedicated development team that may consist of app developers, UI/UX designers, app testers, backend/fronted developers, and more. Make sure the team is working under one roof to avoid any development gap.
Step 6: Testing and Quality Assurance:
Conduct rigorous testing to identify and fix any bugs or issues in the app. Perform user testing to gather feedback from real users and make necessary improvements. Test the app’s compatibility with different devices, screen sizes, and operating systems.
Remember that the process of creating a fitness app is iterative, and continuous improvement based on user feedback is essential for its success. Stay responsive to user needs, update the app regularly, and offer exceptional customer support to ensure user retention and growth.
Read more to know how much it costs to hire a software developer in 2023
Must-Have Features to Develop a Fitness App
The Cost of developing a Fitness app, is majorly influenced by the features and functionalities you are planning to offer. Decide what features you want to integrate in the app. Well the list is huge, so here we will provide you the basic outline of the fitness app features:
- User Login: Provide a simple interface that’s easy to navigate and signup. Make sure you have a feature that allows users to login into the app using their email ID, mobile number or social media ID.
- Track Fitness Details: Add the ability to track and store data on workout routines, including date, time, type of workout, duration, etc. You can choose to hire Indian app developers to customize this feature in your app.
- API Integrations: Develop and customize the app in a way that can seamlessly integrate with popular fitness trackers and devices.
- Provide Fitness Guide: To make your fitness app successful, make sure it provides a database of common exercises with step-by-step instructions. It can also be accompanied by photos or videos for better understanding.
Additional Features to Create a Fitness App
- Calorie Tracker: To keep a record on calorie burn, a calorie tracker will estimate how many calories are burned during a workout
- Set Fitness Goals: To keep users motivated, you can offer a feature where users can set goals and track progress over time
- Push Notifications: Make sure you have a features in app to remind users to stay on track with their fitness goals.
- Generate Progress Reports: Provide all fitness statistics such as graphs, charts, and tables to analyze performance. Make sure they are easy and simple to retrieve.
- Save Fitness Sessions: Provide a features to save workouts as favourites for quick access later.
- Social Media Integration: It is important so that users can share their achievements with friends Create Fitness Community: Sharing capabilities to allow users to connect with others who may be interested in similar types of workouts
- Export Fitness Data: The ability to export information from your own phone so it can be uploaded into other fitness apps or databases is a must. Exporting data from iOS devices is quite complicated. Therefore, you can choose to hire an iOS app developer in India to customize this feature.
- In-App Payment: Payment capabilities for premium versions that offer more robust features like access to unlimited exercise video tutorials, additional statistics and tracking options, etc.
Read more to know whether launching a Fitness app on iOS Vs Android- is the best platform to launch your app.
Tech Stack and Its Cost to Develop a Fitness App
When it comes to fitness apps, there are a few key features that users expect. These include the ability to track their workouts, set goals, and receive guidance and motivation.
In order to create an app that meets these expectations, you’ll need a robust technology stack that can support all of these features. If you’re just starting out, then we recommend that you use:
- Xcode as your development platform,
- Swift as your programming language,
- MySQL as your database management system (DBMS), and
- Parse for backend functionality.
As the needs of your app grow, so too will its requirements. For example, if you want to enable integration with third-party hardware or software platforms such as Fitbit or Garmin Connect, then you’ll need a scalable back-end infrastructure.
To meet this requirement, we recommend that you use NodeJS as your server-side runtime environment and Oracle DBMS for the storage of data. In either case, it is always best to hire app developers that can help you scale up your app.
How To Monetize Your Fitness App?
There are a few different ways you can monetize your fitness app. Here we are guiding you through the most potential monetization strategies that most fitness apps are using these days.
- You can charge a monthly or yearly subscription fee,
- Offering in-app purchases,or
- Using a freemium model where users can access basic features for free but have to pay to unlock premium features.
- You can also sell advertising space within your app.
The best way to monetize your app will depend on your specific target market and what they are willing to pay for. In general, the more competitive the app is with other apps on the market, the higher your prices should be.
Each of these options has its own pros and cons, so you’ll need to decide which one is right for your app. You can also offer a free version of your app with limited features to entice people to upgrade to the paid version. Whichever way you choose to monetize your app, make sure you’re providing value to your users.
Summary: How Can AppsDevPro Help You Build a Fitness App?
Fitness apps are one of the most popular types of apps on the market. And, with fitness becoming more and more popular each year, it’s no surprise that the demand for these types of apps is only going to continue to grow.
So, if you’re thinking about creating a fitness app, now is the time to hire mobile app developers in India. And AppsDevPro is one of the most reputed app development companies that strive to deliver quality solutions.
If you have any queries, then contact us right away!
What Is The Average Cost To Create a Fitness App?
Creating a fitness app can be a big undertaking, requiring a significant investment of time and money. Generally, the cost of creating a fitness app will depend on the complexity of the features and functionality you require, as well as the skills of the developers you hire. However, most custom-made fitness apps typically range in cost from $25,000 to $60,000 or more.
How Long Does It Take To Develop a Fitness App?
When it comes to developing a fitness app, the amount of time it will take can vary greatly depending on the complexity of the project. Generally speaking, it can take anywhere from 2 to 9 months to develop a fitness app.
You can also check our other services: